Joanne Oliver Counselling
4 Ward St, Didsbury, Manchester M20 6TJ, UK.
About Joanne Oliver Counselling
I am a BACP-registered person-centred counsellor based in Didsbury and Chorlton offering confidential, face to face sessions to support and nurture you through challenging times.
You may have clicked on this site because you are going through a difficult time or you might have certain things in your life that are troubling you? In life, we face many difficult challenges and painful situations, which we can often find hard to talk about with family or friends. Through counselling, you will be given a safe and confidential space to explore and make sense of those feelings.
I work particularly well with people who are struggling with low self esteem, feelings of ‘not good enough’, anxiety and negative self talk.
I can help you explore and make sense of difficulties in your life that have become overwhelming and difficult to cope with on a day to day basis.
- Do you struggle with negative and critical thinking?
- Do you suffer from low self esteem and have no confidence?
- Do you experience anxiety and overwhelm?
- Are you a people pleaser who struggles to say no and neglects yourself in the process?
- Have you grown up with a critical or judgmental parent and would like to make sense of those experiences?
- Do you not feel ‘good enough’
- Maybe you can’t put your finger on it, however things just don’t feel right or life isn’t as you want it to be?
- Would you like to find your voice again and feel heard?
- Would you like to quieten your inner critic?
- Would you like to like yourself and feel ‘good enough’?
- Would you like to understand more about how past experiences have shaped current feelings and behaviours?
- Would you like to be able to set boundaries and start to prioritise your own needs?
- Would you like to learn more about the importance of self-care and apply it to your day to day life?
- Would you like to feel empowered to live a more authentic and fulfilled life?
I know reaching out for counselling can feel difficult & daunting – but if you choose to, it’s a really safe and valuable space which might not exist in your everyday life. You will be listened to, heard and valued with no judgment – often, many clients say, for the first time. You will gain insight and become empowered to look at things in different ways.
Above all, it’s important for you to feel comfortable with your counsellor. That is why I offer an initial 20-minute call free of charge for you to find out more and ask any questions you may have. There is absolutely no obligation whatsoever as I understand it is a very personal decision.
I hope something has connected with you to get in touch.