Hello, I'm Ruth.
If you're reading this, you may be feeling unhappy or wanting your relationship to be different.
You may be an individual, looking for lasting love, or recovering from the loss of a relationship.
Or you may be in a couple, wondering if you can rediscover the love you once had with your partner, or to find a different way forward.
You may be a parent unhappy with your child's behaviour, perhaps having issues with parenting your child, or struggling with a different parenting style to your partner.
If you long for a healthy relationship that doesn't leave you feeling hurt, you are not alone. Many individuals and couples struggle with difficulties which can bring pain: leaving them feeling exhausted and stressed. After all, we're not given a relationship manual when we're born.
Relationship counselling provides you with a safe, confidential space to talk with your partner in a supportive, non-judgmental environment. It can support you to:
- Develop closeness, trust and intimacy within an emotionally safe relationship with your partner
- Resolve conflict more helpfully and bring you closer to your partner
- Understand your own and your partner's needs better, and how they can be met
- Create a more relaxed and satisfying sex-life
- Be happier with yourself, and improve relationships with family, friends, or at work.
- Gain confidence with parenting your children
You don't have to deal with difficult and painful issues alone. I can support you to develop a relationship that you prefer.
I will listen carefully and will not judge you. I do not take sides.
I have 30 years experience working in the caring professions as a Teacher, Art Therapist, Relationship Counsellor at Relate and in private practice,
I am genuinely passionate about helping couples and individuals move out of destructive and painful patterns of relating with each other. I can help you to deal with some of the difficult issues that you may be dealing with right now.
I really care about all of my clients and tailor my approach to suit each person's/ couple's unique needs.
I do understand that it can be daunting making that first contact, but in some ways, that's the hardest bit. You may wish to have one session, a few, or leave it open. It's up to you.
Relate Register of Counsellors
Member of The Association of Family Therapists
Training, qualifications & experience:
- MA (Relationship Therapy) with Distinction, (Relate Institute, University of Hull)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy, (Relate Institute)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Art Therapy, (University of Hertfordshire, 1998)
- Introduction to Counselling, (Birkbeck College, London, 1993)
- B.Ed. (Hons), University of Nottingham Trent, 1988.
50 per hour's session
(£45- lower income)
Tuesday: 5.00pm- 9.00pm
Wednesday: 5.00pm- 9.00pm
Thursday: 9.00pm- 9.00pm
Friday: 9.00am- 9.00 pm
Free roadside parking.
Bus routes 2 and 12 to and from Leeds centre run regularly.
I have a wheelchair accessible, bright counselling room with a separate entrance. It is purpose built and discreetly situated on a peaceful road.