I’m an experienced, registered and BACP accredited Person Centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist. I work with Adults & have a wealth of experience & expertise working with Young People (adolescents). I aim to help people understand, manage & overcome whatever the issue is that has brought them to counselling or into therapy. I follow a humanistic approach exploring the whole person, encouraging self-awareness, self-exploration & self-fulfilment. I have extensive experience in working both short term and long term.
I specialise in working with clients that have experienced Trauma & Abuse, as well as with clients suffering with Mental Health issues such as anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, self-harm & dissociative identity disorder (DID). I have a proactive approach to therapy which incorporates, when relevant, psycho-education & teaching specific skills/techniques to help clients manage symptoms of their distress whilst offering genuine acceptance,empathy & a non-judgemental approach to ensure clients feel safe to explore what is going on for them right now. I work with clients from 11 years through to adults, & where appropriate or requested, client’s families.
I work from a Private & tranquil purpose-built counselling room on the outskirts of Norwich with ample free parking. I regularly monitor progress to ensure that counselling is effective & beneficial for each client. I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development Training to keep up to date with the latest research outcomes & therapeutic interventions to give my clients the most effective therapy that I can offer.
To get started, just send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give me a call (07307 859876) for a free, no-obligation chat or to arrange an initial consultation/assessment.
In that first session, we will meet to discuss what brings you to therapy & address any questions or concerns you might have. If you decide to continue, we can then arrange a regular time and day of the week that works for you.
I know how important it is to find the right counsellor which is why I offer the initial/assessment session (up to 1 hour) for £30 so that you can decide if what I offer feels right for you. Subsequent counselling sessions are £40 for 1 hour.
Daytime appointments - Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays
Evening appointments - Tuesdays & Fridays
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree of Master of Arts in Counselling - University of East Anglia (2014)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Child and Young People IAPT Therapy Systemic Family Practice (UCL) 2018.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2013.
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills - (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Theory - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Course in Understanding & working with Dissociation - 2013.
- CPD - Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice - 2019.
- CPD - Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment - 2015.
- CPD - Mental Health & the Body: Treating Trauma - 2019.
- CPD - Understanding & Supporting Children & Young people with Conduct & Behavioural Difficulties - 2013.
Accredited register membership
Please feel free to contact me to find out more or ask any questions.
I can be contacted without obligation for a confidential, informal chat by e-mail, text or telephone.
For clients under 18 it can understandably be quite a new process to start counselling so I would recommend that the young person be accompanied by a responsible adult on their first visit.
- I hold an advanced DBS certificate
- I am trained in adult and young person safeguarding
- As a registered and accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), I am bound by their Ethical Framework