I'm Debbie, I offer warmth, sincerity and experience and I'd like to reassure you that most people seeking counselling feel alone, confused and sometimes desperate initially but usually feel some relief after even the first session. I can help you to feel better by providing the support and understanding that will enable you to see your way through this.
Use the link below the photo if you'd like to visit my website. My contact form is at the bottom of this page, please feel free to email or call to discuss what is troubling you in confidence. Even this initial contact will help you to get quick feedback about what kind of help I can offer for your individual needs.
WHICH COUNSELLING APPROACH?
There are countless different therapy approaches but current research consistently shows that the relationship between counsellor and client is the most important factor in client recovery regardless of the type of therapy used.
With the right counsellor you will feel supported just at the time you need it the most. I can help you begin to make changes in your life or at the very least I can help see you through a tough time.
- I have achieved full accreditation status and am qualified to be on the BACP Register.
- BACP/WPF accredited Diploma of Psychodynamic Counselling
- Client Assessment Training
- Intermediate level Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Skills at Work
- Trained Bereavement Counsellor
- BWY Teaching Diploma and am a trained teacher of movement,
meditation and breathing.
SAFETY FOR YOU:
- I have an Enhanced Criminal Record Certificate (CRB) for work with Vulnerable Adults
- I have full Public Liability Insurance
- I'm a fully Accredited and Registered member of BACP (Qualified to be listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- I uphold the BACP ethical framework for good practice and work according to BACP guidelines
- I see a supervisor monthly in order to discuss my client casework. This is for your safety and is a requirement of BACP membership. Strict confidentiality and anonymity for each client is upheld at all times.
MY PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Wheel of Yoga (teacher member).
THE METHODS I USE TO HELP YOU:
- I work psychodynamically, this approach is a form of depth psychology which relies more than other therapies on the interpersonal relationship between client and counsellor. This focus on the client/counsellor relationship can effect deep and lasting change.
- I also use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques and Breathing and Mindfulness techniques. Elements of these work particularly well for anxiety, depression and pain management in the first instance. Bodily symptoms such as a tightness in the chest, a knot in the stomach, and feeling sick and panicky all respond well to these techniques.
MY CURRENT WORK:
- As well as seeing private clients in a comfortable counselling room at my private practice I am a counsellor at both a counselling organisation in Southampton and a bereavement charity in Bournemouth. I take part in regular trainings at both organisations which adds to my continued professional development. I also attend courses and workshops on different counselling/psychotherapy issues throughout the year.
- I teach a few sessions each week of yoga, meditation and breathing to groups and individuals. My particular interest is in teaching students the methods that can enable them to relax for themselves and consequently cope better with the stresses of life.
OTHER HELP IS AVAILABLE TOO:
If you feel desperate and are unable to afford private counselling please do not feel you need to suffer alone. Your GP, Samaritans or Cruse can all offer help.
NHS Direct http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
- Free initial telephone conversation (as long as you need)
- £45 initial assessment session
- £45 per 50 minute hour thereafter
I welcome contact from adults of all ages who are unsure whether counselling is what they want and would like to use the initial session to explore this. We can decide together and please feel assured that you will be under no obligation to continue.
- I welcome self-referrals. I also accept referrals by GP surgeries, other health professionals, companies and EAP's.
- Email me using the link above or call me to leave me a message on my dedicated counselling line, I'll return your call as soon as I can: 07748 961442.
Free parking available outside