Are any of these familiar to you?
- struggling to cope
- unable to get over a loss
- low self-esteem and confidence
- severe anxiety and negative thoughts
- relationship problems you are unable to resolve
- not able to stand up for yourself and what you want
- extreme anger, stress or frustration that feels out of your control
- feeling empty, depressed, confused, numb, lost, guilty, ashamed or alone
- believe you don’t deserve to feel happy
If so, counselling can help you by giving you time to work through your past and present issues and learn new coping strategies that can leave you-
- feeling alive, positive, assertive and in control of your life
- with good self-esteem and confidence
- the communication skills improving your relationships
- believing you deserve to, and being happy
- the techniques to cope better with any problems in the future
I am Suzie, a qualified and registered counsellor with 16 years’ experience working with a vast array of issues. I can help you, just make your next step by contacting me or see my available appointments and book online here- https://10to8.com/book/gholjz-free/.
Training, qualifications & experience
- The Foundation of Infant Loss Accredited Training Course. 2018
- Certificate in Couples Therapy Course. 2017/18
- Children and Young People Bereavement Counselling. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2003
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling. University of Wales. 2002
- Accredited Cruse Counsellor. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2002
- Supporting People after a Traumatic Event. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2002
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling. University of Wales, 2001
- Preliminary Certificate in Social Care. Newport College of FE, 1987
Training Days and Conferences
Abuse, Alcohol, Anger and Rage, Anxiety and OCD, Asperger’s Syndrome, Attachment, Bullying, Breathe Awareness, Depression, Data Protection, Conflict Awareness, Critical Incident, Diversity, Culture and Racism, Domestic Abuse, Dream Therapy, Drugs, Eating Disorders, First Person Plural, Gambling, Groupwork, Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM, Imagework, LGBT, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, Mental Health, OCD, PTSD, Reflective Practice, Sand Tray Therapy, Safeguarding, Self-harm, Sexual Health and Relationships, Sexuality, Self-care, Smoking Cessation, Steroids and Image Enhancing Drugs, Suicide awareness and Workplace Counselling.
College Counsellor, Coleg Gwent, 2003-present
Residential Support Worker, Bristol City Council, 1987-2000
My fees are £45 for a 50 minute session. I also offer some subsidised appointments, for those who are not in a position to pay the full amount, including students, please do not let finances put you off. Please contact me for more information.
Once you have booked an appointment with me I ask that payment is made within 24 hours to secure that booking for you. Payment can be made by direct bank transfer (I will email you my bank details). By card via my booking system when an appointment is booked on there- https://10to8.com/book/gholjz-free/ or on my website https://www.dovetailcounselling.co.uk/fees.
If you cancel or rearrange your appointment within 48 hours of the appointment I will refund your money (the full amount of the direct bank transfer or if payment was made by card minus the card fee). If another appointment is booked I ask that payment is made in cash or card at the present appointment or direct bank payment within 24 hours of the booking being made.
My private practice counselling room is a sound-proofed, safe, warm, cosy and comfortable therapeutic setting where I provide acceptance, genuine warmth and understanding to enable you to talk about your most personal problems and concerns. The location is within easy reach of public transport, and has parking.
I am a registered member of BACP and adhere to their ethical framework for good practice in counselling. I attend regular supervision sessions to help develop and focus my practice, and ensure that I am working ethically with clients. I attend training and conferences on a regular basis to further my knowledge and expertise, and remain up to date with relevant information and research.
I work with clients short and long-term, with the average number of sessions being six. Most of my clients come once a week or fortnightly, but you are in control, you attend the number of counselling sessions that seems best for you.
Appointments are available on Tuesday to Friday with evening sessions available.
Please do ring me on 07401 331521 to make an appointment, or to ask me any questions. See my available appointments, and book online here- https://10to8.com/book/gholjz-free/