Hello I'm Lisa. Welcome to my profile. My life experiences have shaped who I am. I have travelled extensively and had a variety of job roles which have included, working with children, adult education and careers advice and guidance. My passion for helping others has lead me to where I am now, in my 40’s practising as a counsellor.
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I know through my own experience of finding the 'right' counsellor how overwhelming it can be with so much choice.
I can offer you a counselling service that is friendly, professional and affordable. With a choice of locations, I can see you either in the heart of Exeter near the Cathedral, or at a venue close to the centre of Newton Abbot.
My approach to counselling:
I have a warm personality that will help you to feel at ease, supported, listened to and never feel judged. I believe in the power of talking therapy and the importance of building a solid foundation of trust within our counselling relationship.
You are the focus of the counselling work, so I will work in a way that is suited to your individual needs and goals. I draw on techniques from Gestalt Therapy, (CBT) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness, with the Person-Centred Approach at the core of how we will work together.
While I am alongside you on your journey I will help you to connect with your ‘true’ self. This will enable you to develop coping strategies, overcome emotional challenges, achieve improved well-being and become empowered to make important life choices.
I can offer you counselling support for the following issues:
• Panic attacks
• PMS - self-care and coping strategies
• Health issues
• Lack of motivation
• Social phobia
• Loss and letting go
• Low confidence and self-esteem
• Relationship and family issues
• Stress - to include exam related and work-related stress
• Making difficult life choices
I can also offer you careers counselling as I have a background spanning over a decade, in mentoring and careers advice and guidance. I am experienced with supporting people of all ages and sectors of the community, back into employment.
Most of us are in work for much of our life and it is important that we are happy and content doing what we do! Otherwise the price we pay is high and can have a negative impact on our health and well-being, leading to issues such as anxiety, de-motivation, stress, insomnia, relationships problems and even cause addictions to develop.
Could you benefit from Careers Counselling?
I can support you to:
• Find a new career pathway if you feel frustrated or ‘stuck’ in your current situation
• Explore other careers that will give you more job satisfaction
• Change negative patterns of behaviour
• Recognise your unique skills
• Manage work related stress and difficult relationships at work
• Overcome issues that could be affecting your work life
• Understand how negative thoughts may be holding you back from success
• Develop your CV and cover letter
You may be experiencing stress at work that is stopping you from enjoying a job you otherwise like doing.
I can also support you with these work-related issues:
• Work performance stress
• Bullying or conflict with manager/ colleagues
• Depression and anxiety at work
• Confidence issues - low self-esteem at work
• Redundancy concerns
Let me help you to live the life you want and deserve.