If you ar seeking a different and personal approach, chat to me today. I am not your typical stereotype counsellor/psychotherapist. I DO NOT use a purist approach of any one therapy but a fusion of adapted approaches to meet your needs and those that are important to you.
Why choose me?
Quick access to local services for local people and businesses. Qualified and Accredited Psychotherapist that is trusted and approved by private healthcare providers. I embrace and celebrate equality and diversity, by not discriminating against each client and treating them in the same way.
"It’s my belief that one size doesn’t fit all."
My approach is akin to being eclectic in presentation; I'm not bound by theories, dogma, conventions or methodology of any one particular school of thought. Instead, I may use an eclectic blend of what I believe or feel’s or experience tells me will work best, either in general or suiting the often immediate needs of individual clients and working within my own preferences and capabilities as an practitioner.
Working from within the strength of a multidisciplinary team, my work is firmly focused upon the biopsychosocial model of therapy. I focus not only upon what's psychologically discussed within a given session, but also upon what is biologically and socially happening for you when we're not together in sessions.
"How incredibly insightful the sessions were with Rebecca and thought provoking which were life changing." Genuine client quote
What I do...
– Executive Coaching
– Management Consulting
– Workplace Counselling (EAP)
– Workplace Mediation
– Integrative Counselling
– CBT & EMDR Psychotherapy
– Family Mediation
– Professional Supervision
– DSA Approved Specialist Student Mentoring
– CPD Workshops
- My formal business background was in strategic human resource management.
- Previously worked commercially with start-up companies, non-profit, as well as global brands’ supporting organisations and their employees undergoing transitional change. As a result, I have a keen understanding of the critical importance of context.
- Providing a first insight and strong awareness of human psychological capability in demanding circumstances. I’ve a natural disposition to share my passion for developing and fostering relationships with people of all ages.
- Retrained as a Counselling Psychotherapist, including four years working within the NHS at two North West based NHS Trusts/Health Boards.
- Private practice for five years - individuals/couples/children & adolescents/groups and corporate clients.
Born: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire before moving to the North West in childhood. Genuinely an empathic listener to open up to, with a calming presence.
Status: Married - three daughters (all grown up now).
Today, I'm a very active member of the British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy & Coaching (BACP), EMDR Association UK & Ireland (EMDR) and the Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT) and the Information Commissions Office (ICO).
How I work...
I operate from discrete clinical locations in the North West: Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool and Chester, or alternatively off-site at client's premises upon request. Session times, in terms of duration and frequency, are tailored to fulfill your specific needs and that of your family.
Who is it for?
Corporate & Private
- Children & Adolescents
Client Presenting Issues:
- Anxieties/GAD - Future Worries/Ruminating About the Past - Eliminating/Better Coping Strategies
- Stress - Work/Relationship/Family/Critical Incident/Meetings - Reduction or removal.
- Depression - Bereavement/Relationship/Work/Family/Biological/Chemical/Neurological/Dietary
- Phobias - Agoraphobia/Panic/Spider/Flying...et al.
- Relationships Problems - Communications and Recovery.
- Addictions - Alcohol, Drugs, Gambling, Sex...etc..
- Work Related Issues - Bullying in the Workplace/Return to Work Initiatives/Counselling.
- Court Referrals - Pre-Trial/Sentencing - Approved Anger Management Courses
- Critical Incident Stress Desensitization - Road Traffic Accidents, Assaults...etc.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Civilian/Military
- Trauma - past & present
- Learning developmental disorders - ADHD/ASD/PDA
Training, qualifications & experience:
Registered & Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Other Professional Memberships: EMDR Association of UK & Ireland, and Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT)
- Cert in EMDR Adults, Children & Adolescents
- Diploma in Counselling (Integrative)
- Trauma and recovery
- Fundamentals of DID & Dissocation
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cert in Supervision
- City & Guilds - Teaching/Training
- CPD Accredited: Introduction & Advanced Safeguarding for Children
Having retrained and became qualified with an integrative background. I've been extremely fortunate to have also been trained by the ex-President of the EMDR Association of UK & Ireland, Dr Michael Patterson OBE in EMDR Therapy. Who was initially invited by the Dr Shapiro the founder of EMDR Therapy to train with her as an EMDR Institute Trainer, joining the Institute’s Faculty in 2006. With additional further accredited training with EMDR Europe in Children & Adolescents.